The high output energy of our lasers allows a larger spot diameter. Thus even deep-lying hair follicles are reached with the fluency needed for epilation. Also thanks to the larger spot size, treatment takes less time.
The Ruby Laser was the first working laser in the world. In the early 1990’s studies began which documented its effectiveness in the treatment of unwanted hair.
The Quanta System Q-Plus Star2 Laser System has a long pulse Alexandrite Laser module that is developed to perform Permanent Hair Reduction treatments.
The high power and variable spot sizes allow us to uniquely design an individualised treatment program to best suit each client. Each treatment penetrates the hair follicles enough to completely damage them without damaging the skin, on all areas of the body.
- No sunbathing/sun tanning for 3-6 weeks prior to treatment, without the use of a sun block over the area to be treatment. There must not be any evidence of false tan on the area.
- Do not wax, pluck, clip or use depilatory creams 4 weeks prior to any visit.
- Please shave 2-3 days prior to all visits.
- Please exfoliate daily for 3 days prior to all visits.
- Do not bleach hairs immediately prior to your first appointment. It is necessary for the consultant to see the exact colour of the hair to be treated.
Day of Appointment
- Wash treatment site thoroughly, ensuring removal of all foundation, make-up, skin creams and preparations such as deodorants.
- Refrain from spraying aerosols on the body or applying makeup or skin creams on the area to be treated.
- Wear appropriate loose clothing, if applicable, to the area being treated.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treated area for 2 weeks(ie. Cover-up/maintain minimum factor 30 sunscreen.)
- Localised swelling (oedema) and redness (erythema) may be present in the treated area for up to 8 hours, the treated area may feel tender or “warm” similar to light sunburn, aleo vera gel may be applied.
- Immediately post-treatment do not rub the area ie: pat dry with a towel.
- Successfully treated hair may take up to 2 weeks to extrude from the hair follicles.
- Hair that may appear after 1-2 weeks is usually hair that was in the resting stage during treatment and a second treatment during the growing phase is necessary.
- Between treatments do not engage in sun tanning.
- If “pigmentation or crusting” occurs, do not worry; this pigmentation is temporary and generally fades and crusting flakes off quickly. If you have any concerns contacts us.
- If no hair re-growth occurs, please phone us to postpone any subsequent treatment appointments.